Clinical Research Associates
Clinical trials are research studies that explore whether a medical strategy, treatment, or device is safe and effective for humans. These studies also may show which medical approaches work best for certain illnesses or groups of people.
Here are 10 questions to discuss with your doctor to learn more about participating in a clinical trial.
- Is participating in a study an option for me?
- How does this study compare to my other options?
- Do I have the symptoms of moderately to severely active UC or Crohn's disease?
- What types of medications have I previously used?
- What are the potential side effects or risks of the study medication?
- What are the potential benefits?
- How could participating in the study affect my daily life?
- What are my other treatment choices, if I chose not to participate in this study?
- How does the treatment I would receive in this study compare with the other treatment choices?
- What if I want to stop participating in the study?